Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Evil Twin

This week I have been dealing with an evil twin who hacked into my Facebook account and then my email account from there.  This hacker sent emails to my contacts telling them that I was in London and had been robbed and needed money.  Most everyone knew it wasn't me because of the wording but it was still upsetting to have a hacker emailing or chatting with you pretending to be someone you know.

I thought I had the problem solved yesterday, but this morning they were back.  They hacked back into my facebook account and changed the password so that I couldn't access it!  Now I'm no longer annoyed, I'm ticked! 

It took me over an hour to get into my account and change the password so that I could close it.
So, as of today, I am no longer on Facebook.  I am sure my evil twin will tire of trying to reopen it and will move on.  Unfortunately, to someone else's account.  Facebook has a page in the help menu on dealing with this scam, but I don't believe they actually do anything about stopping it.

I will try to blog more so that people can check to see where we are & what we are up to.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you can stay off Facebook if you blog every day. I'll be checking up on you!! One week to the Valley... yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow bummers. Glad you have this way to keep in touch and we can see your wonderful pictures.

    Are you still in Helotes? When do you leave for BPV?

    Dulce

    ReplyDelete